Thursday, August 1, 2013

Movie Quotes

I am an unabashed movie queen.  Let me correct that.  I am an unabashed classic movie queen.  Perhaps I'm
 bit too old to appreciate the newer movies of today, but the movies that really MOVE me are the ones that have juicy, meaty stories that stay with me long after. I am not ashamed that I spend way too much time on the imdb.com message boards.

Certainly, however, I am no movie snob.  I'm not above screening The Expendables 1 AND 2.  I mean, a girl's got to have her fun, right? I couldn't possibly turn down the chance to see most of the major action stars of the 80s and 90s.

But I digress.  Movie quotes.  Let's take a look a look at some of my favorites and add some of your own in the comments, if you've a mind to.  Do it, it'll be fun!


"I am big! It's the pictures that got small." Norma Desmond (Gloria Swanson) Sunset Boulevard, 1950  (One of the original divas.)

"You're gonna need a bigger boat." Martin Brody (Roy Scheider) Jaws, 1975 (This was an ad-lib, not in the orginal script)

"We rob banks." Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty) Bonnie and Clyde, 1967

"Here's Johnny!" Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) The Shining, 1980 (This was an ad-lib, not in the original script.)

"You talkin' to me?"  Travis Bickle (Robert DeNiro) Taxi Driver, 1976 (This was an ad-lib, not in the original script.)

"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night." Margo Channing (Bette Davis) All About Eve, 1950

"They call me Mister Tibbs!" Virgil Tibbs (Sidney Poitier) In the Heat of the Night, 1967

"Is it safe?" Dr. Christian Szell (Laurence Olivier) Marathon Man, 1976 (This scene can really turn you off dentists.)

"Open the pod bay doors please, HAL." Dave Bowman (Keir Dullea) 2001: A Space Odyssey, 1968

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Mame Dennis (Rosalind Russell) Auntie Mame, 1958 (This is so true!)

"Go ahead, make my day." Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood) Sudden Impact, 1983 (Didn't care for the movie, but between the dog and this quote, it's barely tolerable.)


Don't be shy, put yours in the comments.

Dahlia
http:/thesultryscribe.com


No comments:

Post a Comment