Wednesday, August 21, 2013

And all that jazz...

Music is a huge inspiration for me when it comes to coaxing my muse to come out to play. To say I have eclectic taste in music would be an understatement.  Lately, I've been immersed in all things musical theatre. It may be tied to my having dragged myself back to ballet class or it could be my need for the dramatic, but I'm all about shouting at the top of my longs while flashing my jazz hands. Strangely it's helped. I've got a tight window to get out new stuff before the day jobs (yes plural) absorb all of my attention and every word and sentence I'm able to eke out is a small victory.

I think my penchant for musical theatre as an inspirational source is also tied to the fact that I plan to BIG and BOLD when it comes to my writing in the next year. I want to create stories that carry people through the spectrum of human emotions. I want to have depth and breath to the tales I craft. I WANT TO BE THE ONE! Okay, maybe not that egomaniac, but I want to be greater than I am today.

Possibly with top hats and gold lame.


Janet

2 comments:

  1. The real reason you have to coax your muse out to play is that your muse has to sneak! He/She doesn't want the other muses to know that they inspire your naughtiness.

    ReplyDelete