Thursday, July 10, 2014

Recharging, letting the stress out

Sometimes, in the stress of everyday life, my creativity gets jammed up. Can't write hardly a word.

Eh. Not really the truth.

Normally, it's because I don't want to say what's really on my mind. I can't say the truth outloud, much less face myself on the page. My last logger jam was because of a bad marriage. This one was because I was terrified of a health concern.

Now I'm on the otherside of that concern and my creativity is just begging to be released. When I'm done here, I'm going to work on my Camp Nano project, and hopefully if the recuperation allows, on my airship pirate steampunk story.

The ideas, the drive to write, is there, springing to life at my touch like an enchanted sword. But like any sword, while not in use it needed to be cared for. Polished. Honed. But if I wasn't writing, how could I possibly do that?

I fed my soul. I'm a NorCal girl, and I like my beaches cold and wild. We went in March, and then again just a few weeks ago. I traveled with people who knew me, my idiosyncracies and my need to take pictures to fuel the dream. I answered a question on my larger work while watching the waves in Santa Cruz, and now that my brain isn't fried and tied up with other concerns, I'm going to get right on it.

I took my son one day, and set off for an adventure... In a small Japanese Tea Garden. Just perfect, quiet, and peaceful with my son running across the stepping stones over the pond, telling me not to be afraid "Just be friends with the stones, Mommy, and the stones will take care of you. Here, take my hand, I'll help you."

Well heck.

I also recharge with other things, things like teaching my son to ride his bike despite his dyspraxia. Watching him get up and try and try and try again... just as any warrior would do. A balloon fight in the back yard. Coloring together. Being family.

But now... My batteries are full. The stress is much less (except for my drama queen tendencies-- I am a writer after all!). It's time to sit and write, because I can no longer not write.  

Whhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


1 comment: