Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Valjeanne Jeffers stops by to chat

What is your main characters name?
My name is Priscilla Abigail Changeling

Does she have a nicknames/pet names?
My close friends call me “Butterfly”

What was your life like growing up?
I dont remember much from my childhood since Im not from this world. Many of my memories were washed away and remain very foggy. I did spend some years in an orphanage before I was later adopted by a maiden aunt, Gertrude Evening. When I was 18 while I was being educated governess, she disappeared into and another magical being took her place. . . watching over me from the shadows.

Before your story began, what were your hopes for the future?
I just wanted to be normalI wanted to be able to get angry or cry without strange things sprouting from my back! I wanted to work as a governess for family without being harassed by my male employers. After all, I cant help the way I look, now can I?

What changed that?
The day Mrs. Flanagan fired me a new world was revealed to me. . . a world of erotic delights and freedom. On that day the other Tishri came to me and showed me the path so that I could be reunited with those of my kind, those lost to me when I was a child.

How would you describe your personality?
I am an even tempered young woman, rather prim and prudish. . . except when I am aroused. Then I become a wild thing! Once I am unbound I cant control myself and I dont want to.

How would you describe your looks?
My long face is a comely shade of sepia and I have large hazel eyes. My beasts are full, my is waist small and my hips rounded. I try to disguise my womanly figure with loose clothing (because of my jealous female employers) but it never helps.

What’s your greatest talents?
I speak four languages, French, Italian, Swahili, and German. Ive been educated in Astrology, Classical Literature and Geometry. But my greatest talent is my love of life and willingness to learn and accept new things. I am strong toomuch stronger than I look.


Who are your closest friends?
The other, Tishri, and my lover, Luis. Both helped me remember who I truly am

Who do you love?
Luis, a man unlike any I have ever known. He found me in our dreams. . . and the author of my story, Valjeanne Jeffers.

Who do you hate, and why?

What do you think is going to happen next?
I will live with beings like me and visit Earth from time to time; whenever I chose to.

What do you think of your author?
I believe Valjeanne knows just what men and women desire most of all: freedom. . . and to love and be loved.

Did she get your story right?
She certainly did!

Do you want another story to show what happened next?
Hmmm, what an intriguing idea! Perhaps, so that human folks could know more about us but not too much. I would also like to see more of writings about me and my lover, Luiss erotic adventures. We might even decide to live as humans for awhile . . .

But that is another story.
Blurb:

Priscilla has reached a crossroads. Her spells are becoming more frequent. She can't continue to pass for human—not without making a decision that would turn her into a zombie. Does she embrace her unearthly power or turn her back on it forever? If she refuses her birthright, she'll be ordinary, human. It would also mean bidding farewell to the gorgeous denizen who visits her each night, taking her to otherworldly heights of pleasure.

Excerpt:
Priscilla, a sepia-skinned young woman with large hazel eyes, leaned against
the servants' entrance of the brick house, trying not to cry again. Her bosom heaved
with conflicting emotions...outrage, anger and fear.
I did everything I could to stay out of his way! The man's been chasing me around the
house since I got here!
The young woman remembered the harsh words, from just minutes ago,
between her and her former employer, Mrs. Emily Flanagan. Their argument had
ended in Priscilla's tears and dismissal.
Priscilla felt her cheeks flame. An instant later, there was the familiar warming
sensation between her shoulder blades that always accompanied strong emotion. Her
shoulders bunched and seemed to grow in size, pushing against her corset. Priscilla bit
her lip hard and took deep breaths, trying to steady her nerves.
Mrs. Flanagan had found her husband, the honorable Judge Herbert Flanagan,
pinning Priscilla against the wall, trying to grope her. It wasn't the first time Judge
Flanagan had done this. But it was the first time Mrs. Flanagan had caught him.
Author's Bio
Valjeanne is the author of Immortal, Immortal II: The Time of Legend, Immortal III: Stealer of Souls, The Switch II: Clockwork (includes books I and II), Immortal IV: Collision of Worlds and several short works of fiction.
Her writing has appeared in numerous anthologies including: Steamfunk!, Griots: A Sword and Soul Anthology, PurpleMag, Genesis Science Fiction Magazine, Pembroke Magazine, Possibilities, 31 Days of Steamy Mocha, Griots II: Sisters of the Spear (in press), Drumvoices Revue, Say It Loud: Poems About James Brown, The Ringing Ear: Black Poets Lean South and Liberated Muse: How I Freed My Soul Volume I (also under Valijeanne Jeffers and Valjeanne Jeffers-Thompson).
Valjeanne Jeffers is a graduate of Spelman College, a member of the Carolina African American Writers' Collective and The Traveling Round Table of Fantasy Bloggers. She works as an editor for Mocha Memoirs Press and is also co-owner of Q and V Affordable editing. Preview or purchase her novels at: http://www.vjeffersandqveal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment