Sunday, August 11, 2013

DISTRACTED BUT COMPLETE

*Skids into the room a la Kramer from Sienfeld ( don’t act like it wasn't comedic genius) hip checks Elizabeth Black ( sorry, babe, I’mma let you finish* shrugs*) puts one hand in the air palm out while bending over clutching stomach and gasping for air.*

I TOTALLY FORGOT! I MEAN I DIDN’T FORGET FORGET, BUT, DUDE/TTE…I FORGOT!

I've been kinda scatter brained. Doing that whole domestic goddess of creativity thing again, but this time all of my own choosing. Anyway, mid stride something hit me. The thought of how we often judge how WHOLE or COMPLETE we are but all the things we are able to do or accomplish.
Often times, its those great milestones. Graduate college, get a job, have lots of bills, the ABILITY TO PAY SAID BILLS.  Am I doing enough, often enough, fast enough.  Throw in the complications of being a woman, a woman of color, without a degree AND an author and lord have mercy do the doubts start piling up.
Can it get any heavier… infertility. Yup, I’m going there. Not only facing all the crazy societal and self imposed ideals of completeness/success, add on to that the challenge of struggling with ones biological failings.  Its like my dna got dipped in a bad batch of primordial ooze * total tmnt reference in case you didn’t get it*
Ok OK, I know you’re wondering where the hell I’m going with it and what it has to do with MOCHA MEMOIRS...WAIT I’m getting there.
Just like that whole struggle to be a dgofc, the struggle to find completeness is REAL and FIERCE. 
I never felt moved by anyone else’s struggle…wait that’s a lie… I did, but I am kinda of a “worry about yourself” chic.  So while I was touched, moved, saddened even. I didn’t have a MOMENT… I didn’t bust out the ugly snot cry or anything. 




*NOTE THE COLOR CHANGE 'CUZ HONEY LET ME TELL YOU…THIS BOOK IS DRAMATIC IN HOW IT CAN AFFECT YOU*

I’m not going to give anything else away because if you've been paying attention I've given away plenty from the entrance till now *W*. I’m just going to say that I was supposed to be blogging about one of my favorite print books at MMP and Now I've done that. Stop by and get a copy, get a copy for your mom, and your girlfriends and even for a few of your guy friends.
You won’t be disappointed.

*signals for assistant to put the top down and step on the gas as i run and leap in to the convertible of my dreams and escape before security can catch me*

SEE Y’ALL ON TIME NEXT MONTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment